Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Buying a Spyker, please

Greetings,

I am about to sign an agreement to purchase a new 2006 C8 Spyder. I am hoping to get some advice from those of you who are knowledgeable, especially owners, before I make this big leap. I will be using this as a third car, not as a daily driver. I am attracted to the elemental sports car experience and the artful details. I don't need the speed or flash or a Ferrari or Lamborghini, and my Porsche is too perfect, in the passionate driving experience department. Does a Spyker make sense for me? Here are some specific questions:

1) What is are real-life service issues I should expect. I live in Philly. My nearest dealership will be Manhattan.

2) Is it true that an Audi dealership can service a Spyker?

3) Are there any quality issues I should know about?

4) Is the fragility of the manufacturer something I should worry about in terms of long-term access to parts, warranty coverage, etc.?
    Last edited by Basokolow; 25-10-2018, 03:54. Reason: Dated contact info

New Spyker? Great! I am happy with it!

Originally posted by Basokolow View Post
    1) What is are real-life service issues I should expect. I live in Philly. My nearest dealership will be Manhattan.
    Services come in reasonable intervals. I felt, if you drive the car a lot, it seems a bit short timing. On the other hand, it's probably on the safe side. I got my car picked up and delivered from my home for servicing. I didn't even have to put the soft top back on!

For the engine, yes! I also had some smaller body work done by a local garage, no problem. It is Aluminium.

I didn't have any problems. Ask for a warranty on the car (mileage or time)...

4) Is the fragility of the manufacturer something I should worry about in terms of long-term access to parts, warranty coverage, etc.?
    I would guess, should Spyker stop producing the C8, its value will increase! Of course, parts could then be a problem. However, there are thousands of classic car owners with similar problems, and they all keep their cars running!

Let me know if you need to contact me privately. amz

Comment

In the passionate driving experience department the Spyker is sub zero. Certainly not perfect to get the best lap time, but the entertainment factor is extremely high.

Comment

Greetings,

I am about to sign an agreement to purchase a new 2006 C8 Spyder. I am hoping to get some advice from those of you who are knowledgeable, especially owners, before I make this big leap. I will be using this as a third car, not as a daily driver. I am attracted to the elemental sports car experience and the artful details. I don't need the speed or flash or a Ferrari or Lamborghini, and my Porsche is too perfect, in the passionate driving experience department. Does a Spyker make sense for me? Here are some specific questions:
        Most owners are attracted to the elemental character of the Spyker. I'm also someone that always claim that most modern sportscars are "too good", so that is the right attitude. However, the car will attract attention.

Did you drive the car? If not, you are welcome to drive mine. I keep my car around Woodstock NY.

If you don't drive it on a daily basis, one service every year should be all you need. The car is relatively bullet proof with the Audi mechanicals. No Ferrari-like service cost (Although MMC is not cheap). I will let people that I trust drive my Spyker, but not my Ferrari. That should tell you something......

It is a chip tuned engine, without Audi warrantee. I have all my service done at MMC.

Amz as well as I have removed the top completely, since it is so bothersome to operate. This makes the car a true roadster.

I like the answer that Amz gave.

Thanks for any input you have. Feel free to contact me privately, if you'd like. leagle2171@aol.com

Brett
        Please PM me with the details of your deal. There are some incentives that can be negotiated on the new 2006 cars.
        Rijk

Comment

Are you buying on of these cars?
          Manhattan Motorcars Pre-Owned Spyker

Comment

Brett,

You have a PM.
            Rijk

Comment

Brett,

You have another PM.
              Rijk