Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spyker Squadron testing at Lelystad circuit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker Squadron testing at Lelystad circuit!

Today the Spyker Squadron tested the C8 Laviolette GT2R (nummer 94) at the ovalcircuit in Lelystad. Enjoy the pictures!

And there are also three short vid's HERE!

Strange that the front has ducktape on it!

In high speed tests ducktape is often used to prevend excessive air from blocking air intakes. This may seem strange, but usually at high speeds too much air wants to enter a vent, thereby clogging the intake and thus causing more windresistance and even insufficient cooling.

By the way I always wonder why the right rear-view mirror is mounted so much higher than the left one.. I first noticed it with the press photos and now again.. Does anyone know if it has a particular function and if so, what it is?
    Last edited by Reddingius; 21-04-2008, 15:54.

Comment

The driverposition in a racecar is quite low, because that gives a better center of gravity. Therefore it is difficult to look in the mirrors, the doors are almost blocking the driver's sight. Because the laviolette GT2R is Left hand drive, it is easier to look in the left mirror. The door is closer to the driver so it is easier to get the angle to the mirror. The right hand mirror is further away and the angle is more blocked by the door, so sight is compromised. Raising the right hand mirror makes the angle better "over the door" and it is easier to look in the mirror.

Sorry for my English but i hope it answers your question .
      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

I also read that it may have something to do with the fact that is cold when they performed the test. Guess they were testing some new parts for the car or ony giving the car a shakedown?

Fact is that this car (Speedy, #94) has the lowest number of miles on it. The other car (Squadron, #85) finished the last 1000 km race.

Comment

Hey, I've driven a Spyker on the Lelystad oval track at high speed. However, it was a road car (but fast enough for me, since i had never driven on an oval).
          Attached Files
          Rijk

Comment

Officialy we weren't allowed to take pictures.. But no one stopped when i was doing it. The car is by far the most loud car that was driving that day
            http://www.autogespot.com

Comment

@ Laviolette GT2R:

Thank you for the explanation, it sounds very likely. The car looks very good I think, does anyone know when the new engine will be fitted? And whether these new taillights (that seem smaller) are going to be fitted to road-going Spykers as well?

Comment

The latest Spyker Squadron press release tells us the following about this test/shake down:

Peter van Erp, Managing Director Spyker Squadron:
                Last Saturday we successfully finalized several functional tests at the RDW test track in Lelystad, the Netherlands, and I can confidently say that some of the startup problems we have experienced in Spain are eliminated.
                The team will bring two Laviolette GT2R's to the start in Milan, both with an upgraded radiator exit duct. The new exit duct results in a more effective radiator air-flow but will also improve the down force on the front axle.

Comment

I'd love to check this out if they'l
                  Last edited by basman007; 19-10-2011, 16:42.

Comment

Working...
                  X