Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MY08 C8 Spyder/Laviolette much cheaper in US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY08 C8 Spyder/Laviolette much cheaper in US?

I found this (Dutch) article which says that the C8 Spyder & C8 Laviolette became much cheaper.

I followed the links and found the following:
    MY2008 C8 Spyder $219,990 excl. tax
    MY2008 C8 Laviolette $209,990 excl. tax

And on 29 November 2006 Spyker said in this pressrelease the following:
    C8 Spyder $269,995 excl. tax
    C8 Laviolette $292,500 excl. tax

Funny to see that the Laviolette now is cheaper than the Spyder.
    The price of the Laviolette dropped $82,510 and the Spyder $50,005.

I remember that Rijk once said that Spyker already lowered the prices. Is that this drop? Or did the prices drop before?

And what is the logic behind this if you look at the weak dollar? And will the prices of all the new cars (MY2005 & MY2006) that are currently for sale be compensated? Because I think that dealers won't be amused when new cars are up to 28% cheaper...

I guess they need to finish out the production line. By pricing the outgoing model considerably lower, they can move the last SWB cars.
    Rijk

Comment

Maybe it also has something to do with the Karmann deal. Spyker agreed to take delivery of 350 C8 SWB bodies. In the third quarter of 2008 they will start with the Aileron and need the production capacity which is now used for the C8 model. I don't know the details about the Karmann deal but it is possible that Spyker will have to pay Karmann a fine if they don't take all 350 bodies. Or maybe it means that Karmann will deliver the remaining bodies before a certain date. In that case Spyker will have to pay for these bodies and must store these bodies somewhere...
      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Working...
      X