Willow Springs - Torque.tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willow Springs - Torque.tv

We were at Willow Springs Thursday, filming for the upcoming series, Head 2 Head for Torque.TV.

Here is a video from the day. Pictures to follow.

YouTube - Head 2 Head - Spyker
    Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

The sound

Can't wait to see more.

Comment

Vinny

Comment

I already had seen that you uploaded that picture of #148 on flickr.com

Can you tell us more about the shooting? Were you the driver (I guess so )? And what is the head 2 head about?

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
          I already had seen that you uploaded that picture of #148 on flickr.com

Can you tell us more about the shooting? Were you the driver (I guess so )? And what is the head 2 head about?
          Yeah, I'd be interested to know more of the details as well - is it a shoot out between 2 cars???

Comment

Head 2 Head is going to be a new series on Torque.TV

We filmed 13 episodes over the last few weeks. Two Cars per episode, similar price, or performance, etc.

#148 went against a Superformance Cobra... 500+hp Small block punched to a 427. 2300lbs.

Samual Hubinette (Formula Drift Champion 2007) ran the laps, with me as back-up driver for the drag races and "B" roll (video above)
            Vinny

Comment

Vinny

Comment

We also ran a Prius against a Civic Hybrid that day - FUNNY!!!!!!!!!
                Vinny

Comment

So what was the conclusion of Spyker v Cobra ???

Comment

Well, not all bad.

#148 put up a valiant effort, but the Cobra bested it in the end.

The Cobra had 100+ hp, 350 less pounds, and 6 inches more rubber on the rear tires alone.

All in all the lap times were within a few seconds of one another, but the 1/4 mile was not pretty.
                    Vinny

Comment

Originally posted by ReducedSpeedAhead View Post
                      Well, not all bad.

#148 put up a valiant effort, but the Cobra bested it in the end.

The Cobra had 100+ hp, 350 less pounds, and 6 inches more rubber on the rear tires alone.

All in all the lap times were within a few seconds of one another, but the 1/4 mile was not pretty.
                      Interesting - thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ReducedSpeedAhead View Post

We filmed 13 episodes over the last few weeks. Two Cars per episode, similar price, or performance, etc.

#148 went against a Superformance Cobra... 500+hp Small block punched to a 427. 2300lbs.
                        So, it was not a similar price, nor similar performance. What made this pair???
                        Rijk

Comment

Working...
                        X