Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep

I don't think I'm going to get a Grand Cherokee anytime soon

Jeep Grand Cherokee moose test failure – the full story on film | Webb-tv | Teknikens Värld
    Rijk

The weight was apparently overloaded beyond recommended specs.

Comment

... I remember similar problems with the Smart. It had been corrected by stiffer suspension and electronics, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Basokolow View Post
        The weight was apparently overloaded beyond recommended specs.
        The car was indeed overloaded. Not compared to the specs, so the owner can be confronted with this if he loads he Jeep according to the specs! But the real problem is that the Jeep is a lot heavier itself then the specs tell you, which means you can carry around a lot less than 'promised'.

The Jeep weighs 2,347 kg and can carry around 602 kg, making it a total maximum of 2,949 kg. In real life the Jeep weighs 2,505 kg, so you already overload it when you carry around more than 444 kg. Which means that five adults without luggage can already be too much weight!

Personally I don't think you solve the problem if you don't overload it above 2,949 kg. If this happens at slow speed, I don't think the Jeep handles well when you have to avoid a collision at highway speed.

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
          ... I remember similar problems with the Smart. It had been corrected by stiffer suspension and electronics, I believe.
          Mercedes A class.

Comment

... right!

+ YouTube Video
            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

... or a Citroen

+ YouTube Video
            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

... the Citroen 2CV was so much better! But I am afraid it's not a Jeep...

+ YouTube Video

Comment

Working...
              X