My Spyker experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Spyker experiences

I belong to the RPM Club in the UK and fell for the Spyker on a Scottish driving weekend. To be fair, I was already a fan - I remember being blown away by the Spyker at its first British Motor Show appearance and subsequently at Le Mans on various occasions.

Scotland was the first of several (so far) times I've driven a C8 Spyder. I love it!

Some photos from Scotland:

And a video clip (already posted by SpykerOwner in the Videos thread).

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The Spyker was also a hit on an impromptu London Tunnel Run... I mean... what else sounds as good as a Spyker in a tunnel?

Attracted the attention of some ladies too...

We also had a Zonda on the run...
    Last edited by BossCerbera; 08-02-2008, 22:52.

Comment

Welcome, those are some breathtaking pictures, looks like an excellent place to take a Spyker out for a spin, brilliant stuff.

Comment

I hit London's tunnels again a week later...

The Spyker drew a bit of attention....

Comment

An article I wrote for Pistonheads.com:

Spyker C8 Spyder

Comment

Good to have you on board

I really love the video!

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
              Good to have you on board

I really love the video!
              Thanks - your link to my video is how I found this site.

Will post up odd photos etc. as and when I use the RPM's Spyker. Great car!

Comment

Nice pictures and vid! Do you maybe know the VIN of this car? Or can you maybe find out at the RPM Club? When I look at this car I think it is one of the first batch of car's that is build. Because it has no sidemarkers and the old style soft top.

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                  Nice pictures and vid! Do you maybe know the VIN of this car? Or can you maybe find out at the RPM Club? When I look at this car I think it is one of the first batch of car's that is build. Because it has no sidemarkers and the old style soft top.
                  You're right of course, it is an early car with a couple of later mods applied.

I was looking for it in the Register forum. I will find out the VIN and submit it.

Comment

Really nice pictures BossCerbera.... and welcome. The photo's from Scotland are beautiful. Go post more of them.

Comment

Phil,

Great write-up in PH. This seems to be a low production number. I wonder how you would compare an older with a newer one.

Dan has written about the vast improvements between #038, #088 and #152. He likes especially the set-up of his last car.

I've driven #007, #053(?) and now own #107. I find the biggest improvements in braking and road holding. I wonder if there is again this much improvement between the #107 and #211 (the newest car that I saw in the factory).
                      Rijk

Comment

Excellent article!

Would love to swap personalities with you for one day. I would love to introduce myself, like this:

James... Phil James, and i drive a Spyker!!
                        Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Thanks for sharing! awesome

I really dig that green

Comment

@Rijk, what can you tell about #053(?)?

Comment

I believe this is also the same car, spotted in London.

Comment

Working...
                              X