Exclusive: New C8 LWB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclusive: New C8 LWB

I have the latest 3D animation for the new C8 LWB (Long Wheel Base), with the automatic top, that is still secret. I'm trying to get approval from Victor Muller to show it on this site.
    Rijk

Well, within 3 minutes I had permission.

http://www.spykerowner.com/misc/Soft%20Top_Up.wmv
    Rijk

Comment

Hans,

Thank you for making the file work.
      Rijk

Comment

This is super! Spykerowner.com already has it's first exclusive preview! Great job F Spider!

The car does resemble the C12 design, doesn't it? Has Spyker reused that design for the C8 LW or is the C8 LW a different concept/architecture?
        ______

Mel

Comment

I just read on the Spykercars.nl website that Spyker is present with the C8 LWB at the Los Angeles Autoshow.
          ______

Mel

Comment

Looks good; but I was expecting to see a 2+2

Comment

Mel,

I don't think there is a LWB built yet. What they show at the LA show is the computer file we have here. Victor gave it to me last Moday, the day before he went to LA.
              Rijk

Comment

Kevin,

The existing C8 is so compact that there is no room between the engine and the passenger compartment. There is no room for a foldable top. The existing folding top sits on top of the engine and renders the rear view mirror useless. I just took the whole top off permanently, and hope that I will never be caught by rain. Actually it does not make a difference, since you cannot set up the top by yourself.

The LBW is designed to have space for an electronic operated top.
                Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                  Kevin,

The existing C8 is so compact that there is no room between the engine and the passenger compartment. There is no room for a foldable top. The existing folding top sits on top of the engine and renders the rear view mirror useless. I just took the whole top off permanently, and hope that I will never be caught by rain. Actually it does not make a difference, since you cannot set up the top by yourself.

The LBW is designed to have space for an electronic operated top.
                  I see - but it's a shame the only one they do that you could squeeze the whole family in is the Peking-To-Paris

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                    Mel,

I don't think there is a LWB built yet. What they show at the LA show is the computer file we have here. Victor gave it to me last Moday, the day before he went to LA.
                    Sorry I haven't had time to post earlier, but I'm sure you're right. On the website of the LA show they only show a picture which could perfectly be a computer image instead of a real photo.
                    ______

Mel

Comment

For what does the "B" stand...?
                      ZFF, SCC, XL9, WP0, ZA9, DRM...

Comment

Originally posted by 134282 View Post
                        For what does the "B" stand...?
                        in LWB?
                        Long Wheel Base

Comment

Originally posted by basman007 View Post
                          in LWB?
                          Long Wheel Base
                          No, 'wheelbase' is one word. It would be Long Wheelbase B...?

Comment

Originally posted by 134282 View Post
                            No, 'wheelbase' is one word. It would be Long Wheelbase B...?
                            LWB really stands for Long Wheel Base. It's just like old Ferrari's in 250 GT SWB, SWB stands for Short Wheel Base.
                            Digi-Shape Auto Fotografie
                            Digi-Shape Auto Posters

Comment

Originally posted by pterps View Post
                              LWB really stands for Long Wheel Base. It's just like old Ferrari's in 250 GT SWB, SWB stands for Short Wheel Base.
                              With the 250 GT Ferrari, SWB and LWB stand for short wheelbase berlinetta and long wheelbase berlinetta.

Comment

Working...
                              X