Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

second time, Rowan, why are you daring so much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second time, Rowan, why are you daring so much?

... it looks like Rowan Atkinson (Mr.Bean) crashed his McLaren F1 a second time after 1999... hmm. He was lucky to get away without injury! "Shaken but not stirred!" (source) The pictures below show the situation yesterday, and 1999.
    Attached Files

In the second photo, you can see he is really using his car, rather than making it a garage queen.

On second thought, I would rather crash my car on the Nurembergring
    Rijk

Comment

... he owns or owned loads of other exciting cars! None of those he crashed... What does that mean? I guess, the F1 is probably the most fun, or the most tricky one to handle? I have never driven one, but of course would love to...
      Last edited by amzamz; 06-08-2011, 10:25.

Comment

He races as well and is often seen competing in the historics at Goodwood. I've seen him on track several times.

I think the key thing to note here is that he had appeared on Top Gear just a week or 2 before. He took driving lessons from the Stig on his hot lap, was interviewed by Jeremy Clarkson and then crashed his car.......coincidence? He was just saying to Clarkson on the show how he has done around 40,000 miles in the F1 so it is definitely not a garage queen.

Comment

Didn't this accident happen after dark, perhaps in the small hours? Was alcohol a factor?

If nothing else, it is harder to drive fast at night. (You can't see where you are going!)
          With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Working...
          X