Caring with Cars 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caring with Cars 2011

This is a new event in the UK and another one for a very worthy cause, Childrens Hospice South West who care for terminally ill children and their families.
    As this was the first event, numbers were limited to 450 cars. i was lucky enough to be invited to display Pedro in the showcase area with some very special cars.
    sadly there weren't any spykers there.....and I fear Andreas would have drowned as the floods reached biblical proportions in the morning! My wipers even gave up 10 minutes from the destination! Fortunately the sun came out for the afternoon and a good day was had by all.

Photo's are here on Pedro's facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/se...03392816367533

Cars include; a Mosler, Duesenberg, a couple of vintage Bugatti's, a Lea Francis, 2 TVR Typhons(only 4 were built), 2 Lamborghin Countach, some fun hot rods and much. much more!

Lovely display, and for a good cause. Well done.
    With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

... nice new event! Haven't heard of it yet. I like the old Bugattis, of course!

I am sure your Baja Beetle sometimes needs biblical downpours, sand storms, wobbly bridges or a decent swamp to go through ...

Comment

Yes, I miss the river crossings and mud slides

Unfortunately the organisers decided to be sensible and rearranged the event so people weren't parked in the lower fields which were seriously water-logged. I say unfortunately as I could have made some more money for the charity by offering to tow people out for a small fee

It was a really nice mix of unusual cars, not like the usual shows with lines of identical cars. The showcase area around the school building had the most eclectic mix. I'm sure you would be welcome with either of your cars in this area, however they had 2 Bugatti's but no Spykers!
        Last edited by fiona; 11-07-2011, 10:57.

Comment

... in the UK, Bugattis are 20x more common than Spykers, I assume .

Comment

You don't see many of either marque on the road. The older Bugattis tend to hide in museums but you do see the odd Veyron around. Also a few Spykers, yours. Elo's which Tommy W brought along to the odd event before Elo bought it and also Bob forstner brought a Laviolette along to the Petrolhead Nirvana meet at the Ace cafe last month(at tonights meet he brought a Prowler).

so counting them up on my fingers I would say slightly more Spykers!

Comment

@fiona
              I see you counting your fingers... if I look into my garage, it is 1:1 :lol:. However, a good Prescott Hill weekend (Bugatti Owners Club, UK) or a Molsheim event (Bugatti birthplace, France) brings about 50 Bugattis or more. The International Bugatti rallye is normally cutting off at 70 or 80 cars! I haven't seen more than 4 Spykers at an event worldwide! My guess of 20x comes from the cars located in the UK, or cars produced... (may be incorrect, actually)

Comment

Good point, I guess the Bugatti owners most keep them hidden away until the special events then. So, let's see how many Spykers we can get over here for the factory visit

Comment

Working...
                X