Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what does the color of your car say about you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does the color of your car say about you?

Taken from the RAC ezine / petrolhead nirvana

Any colour as long as it’s…
    Silver is safe, black is fast, yellow the most youthful – apparently. Read on to find out what the colour of your car says about you.

It has never just been a black or white decision, but at one point the colour of your car was something that only came into consideration after you’d thought about the brand and engine.

But with every shade from amethyst to quartz on the market now, it’s suddenly got a whole lot more complicated – particularly since psychologists are now saying that the colour of your motor could be sending out all sorts of subliminal messages. Can you really read a person by his or her car colour? We separate the shades to reveal just what your car says about you…

Yellow
    One of the most popular colours for Lamborghinis, it will be no surprise the drivers with yellow vehicles are thought to have bags of confidence – but also a rather childish outlook.

Red
    This sporty shade might have been popular in previous decades, but its boy racer reputation has seen it drop in favour now. It’s said that those who do pick the colour are passionate and a little wild, so just make sure you stay on their good side.

Silver
    According to a survey commissioned by car retailer Carcraftlast month, more than 30 per cent of buyers choose silver, which shows a desire to be seen as having bags of wealth and prestige. Not only that, but a silver car is also said to be one of the safest due to higher visibility at night, so you’re the cautious type, too.

Purple
    According to a survey by insurer elephant.co.uk,owners of purple cars are least likely to have been caught exceeding the speed limit. The British Car Auctions(BCA) organisation says that this shade is increasingly popular with female drivers. Could this be a coincidence?

Grey
    Anything but boring, this shade has had the most significant rise in popularity in recent years. According to the BCA, it was the seventh most popular shade in 2008, but fourth in the first quarter of 2009. Not only are the cars said to be the most reliable, but the drivers, too.

Green
    Just because a vehicle is a shade of green doesn’t mean that the driver is more likely to be environmentally friendly. But, according to Carcraft, they’re still conscientious on the road and, due to the heritage of the racing green shade, more likely to be traditional as well.

Orange
    The future isn’t orange when it comes to automobiles. With drivers of this shade in the minority, the shade denotes a desire to attention-seek and show off.

Blue
    Don’t expect any hassle from the driver in blue. According to the same report, 26 per cent of drivers choose this hue, which is supposed to represent a calmer and more serene person who values relationships over money.

White
    White is not all right. The pale colour is such a hindrance when it comes to upkeep that even the police have stopped bulk-buying vehicles in this shade. Drivers of white cars are thought to be frivolous and lacking in financial caution.

Black
    A survey of 1.7 million drivers from insurer elephant.co.uk revealed that 25.4 per cent of black-vehicle owners have speeding convictions and are nine per cent more likely than the average driver to have speeding points on their licences. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to take a guess at what this means…

----->
    now, let us all know who you really are !!!

Let me see. I've had:

Yellow
    Red
    Red
    Silver
    Black and silver
    White
    Orange
    Blue
    Midnight blue
    Two tone gray
    Blue
    Silver
    Silver
    Sera Blue
    Black
    Silver
    Gunmetal
    Titanium silver
    Titanium silver
    Silver
    Tungsten gray
    Rosso corsa
    Brittish racing green
    Black
    Carbon gray

And then I'm missing a few....
    What does that say about me? That I'm wishy washy? That is what my wife always says
    Rijk

Comment

:lol::lol::lol: ha ha ha! ... is it too hot in New York??? Are you all right, Rijk?
      Last edited by amzamz; 10-07-2010, 14:26.

Comment

Hmm...

Black
        Black
        Black

I guess that explains the state-issued driving award I have in my wallet right now...

Comment

Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
          Hmm...

Black
          Black
          Black

I guess that explains the state-issued driving award I have in my wallet right now...
          DITTO

BLACK

and the ticket clinic is on speed dial...... just got one on fathers day from a female officer, i asked her if she called her Dad today. did not go well, i think she had issues with Men.

Comment

:lol::lol:
            The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
              Hmm...

Black
              Black
              Black

My entire stable is black...is there another color out there??:lol:

Comment

Black - my Sebring which is indeed my fastest car
                Sand (yellow?) - My Baja Beetle which is definitely a little childish
                Racing Green - A tiny Suzuki Cappuccino which I have just bought for the work run because at 660cc it'll save me a fortune in Petrol and being tiny it'll help with the parking issues at SKy. See....conscientious!

the 550 Spyder is not yet painted but I'm thinking about a very pale metallic silvery blue.

Comment

My Saab is black too, but barely able to break any speed limits. Probably for the best! :P

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                    :lol::lol::lol: ha ha ha! ... is it too hot in New York??? Are you all right, Rijk?
                    For now we are done with the 100+ (37C) temperatures

I'm back to normal.
                    Rijk

Comment

My history so far

Grey
                      Blue
                      Red
                      Dark Grey
                      White
                      Red
                      Red
                      Black
                      Black
                      Red
                      Green
                      Azzurro Nuvola
                      White
                      Beige
                      White
                      Grey

Comment

... how would a Spyker look like in all chrome?
                        Attached Files

Comment

A little gaudy
                          Rijk

Comment

My history so far

Dark Gery
                            Dark Blue
                            Blue
                            Gris Aluminium (zilver)
                            Dark Green
                            Black
                            Dark Blue
                            Mativoire (a bit like champagne....was a mistake )
                            Black
                            Grey
                            Pearl White

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                              ... how would a Spyker look like in all chrome?
                              I guess if you don't paint your Spyker, you can just polish it. It makes the car lighter
                              Rijk

Comment

Working...
                              X