Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugatti reclaims top speed record -- 267.86 MPH

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport Sets Speed Record - Wheels Blog - NYTimes.com

So the fans of the SSC Ultimate Aero (yes, there are a few) must be in shock. Still, if the production Veyron Super Sport will be limited to "just" 257.9 MPH, then how can the 267 MPH figure be official for a production car? Either way I guess it still tops the SSC.

Thing looks kinda ugly with the new rear aero bits.

IMO the veyron never looked good, but definitely this didn't changed my mind..

But is there a story behind the colour scheme, maybe Amzamz can explain? Because there are several classic Bugatti's that have something similar (black/orange) as well.

For example this 1929 Bugatti type 46 de villars cabriolet
    1929%20Bugatti%20Type%2046%20de%20Villars%20Cabriolet.jpg

Or this 1936 Bugatti Type 57S Atalante (the S stands for 'surbaissé' or lowered as you wish)
    Picture here!
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
      ...the fans of the SSC Ultimate Aero (yes, there are a few) must be in shock.
      I suppose I should sheepishly admit that I am a bit of an SSC fan.

I wonder now: Since a large part of the Ultimate Aero's appeal was that it was the fastest car in the world, where do they go from here?

To be fair, the Ulitmate Aero did 256 without using a second key or some special top speed mode. I wonder if the Veyron Super Sport requires these adjustments?

Comment

Working...
      X