Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cigarette Lighter/Accessory

Gents,

Be aware that there is no socket to plug in a cell phone charger/radar detector/etc. One can be added, however. I had one installed under my glovebox in 088. Radar detector is a MUST for me =)

Dan

Nice.... I want eather one, but they are legal in Holland. Because the speed that I drive is risky, I can lose my driver license. And I won't that.

Comment

Originally posted by JVProduction View Post
      Nice.... I want eather one, but they are legal in Holland. Because the speed that I drive is risky, I can lose my driver license. And I won't that.
      Not to kick you on your leggs.. But if you always drive 50km/h to hard your insane. Don't start about experience.. When someone is throwing his car in front of you when your speeding 50km/h to hard it's already to late..

Drive hard where it's possible and not like an idiot everywhere.

Just my 2 cents.
      http://www.autogespot.com

Comment

I'm not always drive so fast, only if I'm alone in the car. Because I crash between a tree or something, than I don't want other people involded in that. And what you said, that's true about only speeding so hard if it cans. And I do that. I'm not so a-hole or idiot.

Comment

excessing speed...

I drive a lot of interstate highways in the us where the speed limit is 75 miles per hour. I use my Valentine One radar detector a lot because it gives me feedback on other things as well as police. Driving smart is obviously a requirement!

The accessory port is often used for my cell phone charger or my portable GPS as well.

Dan

Comment

ok, so I looked in the glove compartment of 152 and to my surprise, I found an accessory port! I am holding 148 right now as well and it too has the port. I'm not sure where the cutoff is but I can tell you that 088 did not have one.

Dan

Comment

I don't remember seeing one in the glove box of the #107. Next weekend when I'm back in the US, I will check.
              Rijk

Comment

Today I checked and #107 does not have a cigarette lighter in the glove compartment.

In the Netherlands I just got the latest portable TomTom 920 navigation system. It measures your real speed via the GPS. I would love to see that in the Spyker, since I believe that the speedo is quite inaccurate.

So, maybe Tom should put one in.
                Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                  In the Netherlands I just got the latest portable TomTom 920 navigation system. It measures your real speed via the GPS.
                  The older models do that as well. My 156 was quite accurate. 122 km/h on the speedo was 120 km/h on GPS. I don't how accurate the speedo on my 166 is as it has a build in SatNav without showing the GPS measured speed on the display.

So, maybe Tom should put one in.
                  Does that make it a TomTomTom?

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                    Does that make it a TomTomTom?
                    :lol::lol::lol:
                    Rijk

Comment

The Lotus Elise was 129/120. Way off. Why?
                      Rijk

Comment

The Lotus Elise was 129/120. Way off. Why?
                        I thought Speedo's were accurate to within 5-10% although errhh on the side of caution i.e. say you're going faster then what you are?

Why do you think the GPS is spot on???

Comment

Well, if an indicated 129km/h is a real 120km/h, then that is an error of 7.5%.

I find that unnecessary high. Just 2 or 3 km/h over seems to be more than enough. I'd rather have it accurate, and that is very easy to do.
                          Rijk

Comment

Well, if an indicated 129km/h is a real 120km/h, then that is an error of 7.5%.

I find that unnecessary high. Just 2 or 3 km/h over seems to be more than enough. I'd rather have it accurate, and that is very easy to do.
                            I don't know....I'm no GPS expert but I would have thought they indicate speed by measuring the distance travelled on plan. In reality (and OK i know this probably isn't true of Holland ) but most roads have some sort of gradient on them. Hence I would have thought your car's speedo (which is based upon the actual distance you are travelling and not the distance on plan) is probably more accurate???

Comment

Guys, GPS speed is extremely accurate. It is certainly more accurate than the those on the speedo. If you know anyone who rides motorcycles they will tell you that the speedo is set to at LEAST 10% off. 110 MPH on the bike is really closer to 100MPH. My first Spyker was off by AT LEAST 10%. I know that because I got a photo radar ticket going 100 MPH and I thought I was going at least 115 when the damn thing got me. I just bought a new GPS so I'm going to test out this new one this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X